Recipe type: Breakfast
Batata Poha Recipe: Poha or batata poha is basically a Maharashtrian dish,but sindhis are so much hooked to it that now its a breakfast item in almost every sindhi household
- Potato 1 (cut it in slender slices and salt it for 5 min)
- Onion 1 (cut in thin slices)
- Poha 150 gm (beaten rice, Use thick variety also known as Jada Poha)
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds ½ tsp
- Green chillies 2
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilli powder,as per need
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tbspn
- Wash poha well and put them in a colander till all the water drain out, add salt and mix it gently.Keep it aside
- Heat oil in Kadai, add curry leaves and mustard seeds, allow it to splutter
- Add sliced potatoes and shallow fry them till almost done, without colour change.
- Add sliced onion and saute till tender.
- Now add green chillies,turmeric powder,chilli powder and finally salted poha and mix them gently
- Cook on low flame for about 5 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve hot with papad or thin Nylon sev.