Sindhi koki recipe
- 11/4 cups wheat flour (makes 2 koki)
- 1 onion large finely chopped
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. ghee or oil
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Annardana
- salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Chop onions very fine.
- Sieve flour, add salt.
- Add all ingredients except ghee for frying.
- Mix well add very little water, knead into a stiff dough.
- Take half portion, Roll into a thick small disc
- Slightly roast it on both sides on hot tawa again roll it with rolling pin till it reaches thickness of paratha
- Place it on tawa again, cook on each side, adding little oil or ghee from sides, on medium flame, till very small brown patches appears on surface
- Repeat for remaining dough.
- Serve hot with Curd or tea
- It has a shelf life of about 24 hrs,so is ideal for picnics or while traveling long distances.