Batata Poha Recipe: Poha or batata poha is basically a Maharashtrian dish,but sindhis are so much hooked to it that now its a breakfast item in almost every sindhi household
- Potato 1 (cut it in slender slices and sprinkle some salt)
- Onion 1 (cut in thin slices)
- Poha 150 gm (beaten rice, Use thick variety also known as Jada Poha)
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds ½ tsp
- Green chillies 2
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilli powder,as per need
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Rinse poha well and put in a colander till the water drains out, add salt and mix it gently. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in Kadai, add curry leaves and mustard seeds, allow it to splutter.
- Add sliced potatoes and shallow fry them till almost done, without letting it to turn brown..
- Add sliced onion and saute till tender.
- Now add green chillies, turmeric powder, chilli powder and finally salted poha and mix everything gently.
- Cook on low flame for about 5 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve hot with papad or thin Nylon sev.
Please follow and like us: