Recipe type: Maincourse
Easy Okra recipe, Okra cooked in simple onion base
- Bhindi (lady’s finger)1/4 kg
- Onion 3
- Green chillies 3
- Ginger (1/2 inch knob) finely chopped
- Tomato 1 large
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder ¼ tsp
- oil 1 tbsp
- Wash and pat dry bhindi.Cut them in about 1 inch pieces (Note :Its good to slit the bhindi and then cut, to check any presence of worms or spoilage inside)
- Fry them till slightly dark
- Drain on tissue paper and then add little salt.
- Heat some oil in pan and add chopped onions, fry till it softens.
- Add chopped tomato, green chillies, ginger, dry masalas and salt and stir fry till tomato is cooked properly
- Add fried bhindis, mix well, add a spoonful of water and let it cook for about 3-4 min.
- Garnish with coriander, and serve with phulkas or steamed rice.
Please follow and like us: