The above presentation is highly inspired by Indrajeet’s”Adhipotoba”-Mutton Biryani , who has an amazing blog of simple recipes, innovatively presented and humorous but nostalgic write ups!
Recipe type: Rice recipe
Signature Sindhi style rice with caramelized onions, with subtle flavors of garam masala.
- Rice 1 cup
- Onion 1
- Red chilli powder
- Tejpatta 1
- Cloves 2-3
- Black cardamon,1(only skin)
- Dalchini 1 small stick (Note instead of Khada masala,Garam masala powder can also be used for non spicy taste)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Wash and soak rice for half hour
- In a handi, put one tbsp of oil and add sliced onion and khada masala
- Fry on medium flame till onion turns dark brown in colour
- Add red chilli powder (and garam masala powder in case khada masala is not used) and rice and fry for about a min
- Add water, double the quantity of rice, add salt and shelled peas (optional) and let it boil
- Simmer and cover it with a lid till rice is cooked
- Serve piping hot, it taste heavenly with saibahji or paneerpalak, soyabean or mutter paneer.