Recipe type: Dal
Three lentils mixed dal recipe
- Chana dal, Urad chilka, moong chilka in the ratio of 1:1:1/4 1 cup total (Bengal Gram lentils, Black split beans and Green Moong, splitbeans)
- Tomato 1 large size
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
- Green chillies 3
- Ginger ½ inch piece
- Salt to taste
- Garlic 6-7 cloves
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves 5
- Cummin seeds 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- Soak mixture of three lentils in warm water for at least 3 hrs (Tip* If in hurry, just mix three lentils in a bowl, grease your palms with oil and mix the lentils with greased palms, add hot water in that bowl and soak lentils for ½ hr)
- Rinse well with water for few times
- Pressure cook three lentils, with 3 cups of water, chopped tomato, finely chopped ginger and green chillies, add turmeric and salt and wait for 5 whistles of cooker.
- Let the pressure cooker cool, open the lid and whisk the dal.
- For tadka, heat the oil in a small frying pan, add crushed garlic, curry leaves and cumin seeds and wait till garlic turns golden brown. You can add a sliced onion too.
- Add this hot tadka to cooked dal and close the lid immediately, simmer it for 5 min on low flame
- Adjust to the consistency of dal
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rotis or rice or Juar dodo or Chaawaran Jo dodo
Please follow and like us: