In India kheer or kheerni is one of the most frequently made sweet dish.
Recipe type: Sweet dish
Sevayian kheer or vermicelli kheer is most popular sweet dish in India
- Milk 500 ml
- Sevaiyan (Vermicelli) crushed ¼ cup
- Sugar 7 tsp or as required
- Green cardamons 2-3
- Roasted Chopped almonds and unsalted pistachios for garnishing
- In a heavy bottom pan, roast the vermicelli on medium flame till it turns slightly brown. You can roast these using some oil/ghee. I prefer to roast without using any oil.
- Add green cardamons and slowly and carefully add milk (beware of spluttering of milk)
- Stir continuously,till 2-3 boils and then lower the flame.Cook at least for 5 minutes, or till the vermicelli is cooked properly.
- Add sugar and stir again properly and let it cook till mixture is of thick consistency.
- Garnish with roasted, chopped dry fruits of your choice. Serve warm or chilled, as desired.
Please follow and like us: