Pizza at SindhiRasoi ?? I expect this reaction from everyone , very obviously , Since Pizza is not even remotely related to Sindhi Cuisine. But this is an exception, because it’s my Apple of Eye’s Birthday Tomorrow ( 4th December). Yeah, My Son (ok ok Our son …Happy Honey ? ) Will turn SIX tomorrow. So as I was discussing the menu for his Birthday- lunch box, bubbling with excitement he replied …..Bread Pizza .The day he saw this lovely looking bread covered with melted cheese at Srivalli’s Spice your life, he ask for some, almost everyday, since then. The fun part is that he can himself fix the dish ( except of course chopping and cooking part) and that makes him more happy.
I tweaked srivalli’s idea a bit and used some fresh vegetable toppings to make it more healthier. And believe me, it tastes as good as those branded pizzas.
My son insisted to put up this as my new post on his b’day, so here I am with this simple, quick fix healthy Pizza …just for you…. my adorable Kid !
- Brown bread or whole wheat bread slice 1 (adjust portions according to requirements)
- Butter to spread on slice
- Finely chopped capsicum,Tomato, onion, cabbage (grated) 2 tsp
- Cheese (whichever available) to cover the topping (use as much preferred)
- Salt just a pinch
- Black pepper (optional) a pinch
- Tomato ketchup
- Oregano (optional) a pinch
- Roast the bread slice only on one side, till bit crisp.You can use pan or griddle on stove top.Skip this step if you are using Microwave.
- Now on roasted side apply some butter,spread chopped vegetables to cover whole slice, sprinkle some salt, pepper, oregano (optional) and cover it with grated cheese
- Now put it again on griddle or pan or microwave it for a minute or till cheese melts. In case of pan or griddle put the flame on low, cover the bread with some dome shape vessel (in such a way that it doesn't touch the bread surface) and place some weight over it, since the bread turns crisp too fast while cheese needs some time to melt
- When cheese melts (taking care that bread shouldn't burn), place it on a serving plate and cut it into four pieces and top every piece with a dash of tomato ketchup.
- Watch your kids wiping the plate clean and asking for more