Marriage as I said previously, is a strange alliance of two totally different personalities.No matter how much compatible two people are with each other, no matter how much they compromise and adjust, there are bound to be some differences in thoughts and opinions. So while shopping with hubby might be a wonderful pass time for you (obviously because of his credit cards), it could be a pure torture for Hubby dear. Watching a romantic movie together might be your idea of spending a day with him, but his mind must be surely wandering towards latest Sci-fi thriller that is been screened in the same Multiplex.
Searching food items in menu of a restaurant must be a general practice for him,while your eyes just roll on right side of menu (prize listed). While he might be large hearted when it comes to spending money on gizmos, you could be sulking for the so called, unnecessary expenditures.
Debating with a rickshawaala over few rupees must be CHINDIGIRI ( stingy/acting like miser) in his dictionary,while you thought it to be an act of consumer rights.
His techie talks might make you doze off in moments,while your daily Soap opera irks him to the extent that he almost bang his head on wall .Then there are so many little fights over wet towels on bed, scattered papers, misplaced socks, working till late nights and not spending enough time with family. The list could go on and on and on…..
But ever wondered what happens when the same person is not around for few days ? The whole world seems to turn topsy turvy ….those little irritating habits of him/her,suddenly seems to be cute.You actually start liking the things that you hated about him/her. you start missing those fights and tantrums and ho..you feel like a lovesick teenager (overlooking your salt and pepper hairs)
Well i don’t know about you,but i surely miss Him,when he is not around for few days (coz fixing leaky taps,carrying shopping bags,driving ,withdrawing money from ATMs are few things that I am not good at…he he he)
Jokes apart, lets move to the recipe of the day,which is simple Methi paratha.My hubby is very fond of Gujrati Theplas and I try to make them with all the culinary experiments.One such day,when I was asked to make theplas , panic hit me.I ran short of gramflour (chickpea flour) and not wanting to disappoint hubby dear, I just used wheat flour and went ahead with rest of the ingredients and procedure of Theplas.They turned out to be good,and so here I am sharing these lovely parathas with you all.
- Wheat flour 2 cups -makes around 5 parathas (more or less depend on size of cup and parathas too)
- Fresh fenugreek leaves 1 cup ( picked leaves)
- Coriander leaves a handful
- Curd or yogurt approximately 5 tsp (flexible as per your taste)
- Green chilies 2-3
- Ginger garlic paste 1tsp
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp (or less)
- Oil 1 tbsp(3-4 tsp....3 tsp for mixing in dough and rest for applying on parathas while cooking)
- Salt as per taste
- Take 2 cups of wheat flour,add salt,turmeric powder and sugar
- Coarsely grind (without adding water) methi leaves (pick them,rinse thoroughly with water, place these in colander to drain out excess water) along with coriander leaves,green chillies.
- You can use ginger garlic paste or you can add 5 cloves of garlic and about an inch size piece of ginger to methi mixture while grinding
- Remember you need a coarse mixture and not a Chutney.
- Add this mixture to the flour
- Beat the curd properly,add little water if needed to prepare sort of buttermilk (lassi or chaach)
- Add this buttermilk little by little and knead the flour till it binds properly (as done for phulkas or rotis)
- Finally add 1 tbsp of oil and smooth-en it
- Let it rest (covered) for about an hour (Optional)
- Later divide the dough into 5-6 small size rounds.
- Roll each one as regular roti (not too thick as parathas but not too thin like phulkas)
- Place it on hot griddle and roast it on both sides,drizzling a tad of oil while flipping ,till small brown spots appear on surface
- Serve them with any Subzi,papad or curd
This goes without saying, to our Just For You event, since I made these for my dearly loved hubby (blushing blushing blushing )