After enjoying a relaxing vacation of my baby, from school, the life is back on routine tracks. The hectic mornings are back in fashion and the Summer blues paved the way for Monsoon Grey (s). The weather is turning as beautiful as one can wish for, with misty mornings, cloudy sky, drizzling rains with intermittent thunder showers…a perfect season to indulge in fried delicacies, like Samosa, Pakora (Bhaji) or Choley Bhaturey ……well we chose the last one, and ended up relishing bhatura with kala chana/Black chickpeas in gravy, instead of regular Kabuli chana.
- Black Chickpeas or kala chana 200 gm
- Onions 2 large
- Tomatoes 2
- Garlic 8-10 cloves
- Green chillies 3 (or as per need)
- Garam masala powder ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilly powder
- Chana Masala powder ¼ tsp ( optional)
- Oil 2 tspn or more
- Wash and soak chickpeas for at least 7 hrs. Use these as such or let these sprout for a day or so.
- Boil them with salt, till half cooked.But if you are using sprouted Black chickpeas, then skip boiling these separately as the sprouted chickpeas get cooked fast even if cooked along with gravy.
- In a pressure cooker, pour some oil and fry onion till brown in colour
- Cool and grind fried onions along with ginger, garlic, chillies and tomatoes.
- Now pour this mixture again in pressure cooker , add some salt(remember there is already some amount of salt in chickpeas), garam masala powder, chana masala(optional) and fry it for 2-3 minutes, or till the oil starts separating out.
- Now add half boiled chana and Bhuno it further for about 5 min.
- Add some water,close lid of cooker and wait till 3-5 whistles. Do not worry as the black chickpeas are thick skinned, so there is hardly any risk of mushy surprises .
- Adjust the consistency of gravy , it should be not too watery, nor too dense.Enjoy with roti, rice or Bhature.
And now here comes and interesting info….
Remember my post on “Wanna be on National Tv” ?
Well here are some other details for all of you who wish to showcase their culinary powers on a television show.
Auditions for MASTERCHEF INDIA in MUMBAI (To be aired on Starplus) from Thrusday 24th June till Saturday 26th June … ALL DAY !!!
Just get food prepared from home , 2 photographs and an Id proof.
TIMINGS :- 11am to 7 pm
ADDRESS – COLOSCEUM MEDIA PVT LTD, 105 – 110 , Sangeet Plaza, Marol Maroshi Road , Near Marol Fire Brigade , Andheri East, Mumbai – 59
Phone – 9820125231
Do check out..who knows you might turn out to be a Master Chef !