Recipe type: Snacks
Bread Pakora or bread bajji is simple to make, quick snack.The sliced bread is layered with a batter of spiced chickpea flour and deep fried.
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 small cup gram flour
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder as per taste
- A pinch of baking soda
- Oil for frying
- Make a basic flour batter, by mixing gram flour, salt, red chilly powder, soda and water.It’s consistency should be thick enough to coat bread pieces.
- Cut the slice in any shape viz; square, rectangle, triangle etc.
- If green chutney is available, you can apply a little of it on bread slice before dipping it in batter, it provides a tangy taste to pakoras.
- Dip them in flour batter and fry in hot oil till light golden brown.
- Serve immediately with ketchup or chutney