Toori Chanadal is the recipe of the day, which is a simple yet very delicious recipe made using Smooth gourds or Turai/ Toori.
The recipe is similar to that of Toori recipe, but just for your convenience, let me share it here again !
Toori Chanadal |Smooth Gourd with Bengal Gram |Sindhi Recipe
Recipe type: Main Course
- Smooth gourds (I always prefer smooth ones than ridged, but you can choose any !) 250 gms
- Onion 1
- Tomato 1 large
- Green chillies 1-2
- Ginger just a little
- Soaked Chanadal , a handful ( Pick, rinse with water several times and soak for at least half hour)
- Turmeric powder ¼ tspn
- Coriander powder ½ tspn
- Garam masala powder ¼ tspn
- Oil 1 tbspn or more
- Peel, rinse and chop toori into small chunks (as those of onion)
- Peel and chop onion finely.
- Now take a pressure cooker, pour about 1 tbsp or more of oil, add chopped onion and cook them till brown in colour (not too dark)
- Then add chopped tomato, chillies, ginger, salt, all the masalas and mix properly.
- Then add toori and mix well. Let it boil for few moments and then add soaked
- Since fresh toori have lots of water content, so these hardly require extra water to be added to cook them,but if it is not fresh or if you do not want to take a chance, then add few spoons of water and close the lid of cooker and wait for 4-5 whistles.Put off the gas and wait till the pressure of cooker subsides.
- Check the consistency, it should be semi dry, so simmer further, if needed, till all the extra water evaporates.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve it with Khichdi and/ or Roti.
Please follow and like us: