The paratha or flatbread was conceived in NorthIndia, especially in punjab.It is nothing but a Roti stuffed with any vegetable, boiled or raw.The variations that are possible are innumerable, not to forget the taste.Even fussy or picky eaters cannot ignore the irresistible parathas.So how can Sindhis, who are known foodies, can avoid these? Aloo (potato), mooli (radish), moong, paneer, dal etc are various options for the stuffing.So choose any one that is available in your kitchen and roll out this wonderful delicacy!
|Paneer Paratha|| |
- Paneer (cottage cheese) grated -A spoonful for each paratha
- Red chilly powder 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Green chillies 1-2
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Water for kneading dough
- Mix the wheat flour, salt, red chilly powder and knead a soft dough using water.
- Grate paneer and add some salt, chopped green chillies, Coriander leaves, cumin seeds and mix properly
- Now take a small portion of the dough and roll it a little
- Place a small quantity of paneer mixture in centre, and fold in the roti so as to wrap around the stuffing.Make sure the stuffing is not visible.Now roll this gently with a rolling pin to make a paratha .
- Cook it on hot griddle(tawa), pour some oil and flip frequently, until very small brown spots appear on both sides
- Serve immediately with a blob of butter on it or with curd, papad or achaar (pickle)